King County DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyers
Fighting Against Misdemeanor Charges in Washington State
Have you or a loved one been arrested in King County? Are you facing charges for a DUI or another misdemeanor? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, look no further than the legal team at Veitch Ault & Associates.
Since 2009, our King County DUI and criminal defense attorneys have offered effective and personalized legal strategies for a multitude of legal issues. Due to our extensive knowledge of several legal processes, we can effectively guide you through the complexities of your case. We have successfully helped thousands of clients in the King County area and understand what it takes to start building you a solid case immediately.
Contact us today to learn more information about our legal services. We offer free and confidential consultations to all prospective clients.
Criminal Matters We Handle
At Veitch Ault & Associates, our practice mainly focuses on DUI defense. We are well versed in all things related to drunk driving charges in Washington State. One of our head attorneys is a member of the National College of DUI Defense and is also ARIDE (Advanced Roadside Impairment Detection Enforcement) Certified. While this certification has been achieved by many law enforcement officers, only a limited number of defense attorneys in Washington State are ARIDE Certified. A member of our legal team has also received training in Drug-DUI Detection and has been taken on “ride-alongs” by local law enforcement, so we have the hands-on experience necessary to thoroughly defend you against law enforcement’s claims.
Other criminal charges we can defend you against include:
- 4th-degree Assault
- 4th-degree Domestic Violence/Assault
- Boating under the influence
- Criminal trespass/criminal mischief
- Driving while license suspended (1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree)
- Hit and run accidents
- Negligent driving
- Prostitution and/or patronizing a prostitute
- Reckless driving
- Reckless endangerment
- Theft of under a $250 value and/or shoplifting
- Violation of no-contact or PFA orders
We also may be able to vacate your criminal history when eligible. Call us now to learn more.
King County Courts
It is extremely rare that we walk into a courtroom and don’t know the judge on the bench or the prosecutor on the opposite side of the aisle. Our experienced legal team takes great pride in our reputation with all parties involved in the court process, including judges, prosecutors, court staff, probation employees, evaluators, and more.
The courts you may encounter in King County include:
- King County District Court, Redmond Division: Most cases filed by the State in King County District Court-Redmond Division stem from arrests made on I-405, SR-520, and I-90 conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) troopers or King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) deputies. Unless one has been arrested previously for DUI, they are unlikely to have a court date set until several weeks after the arrest occurred. King County District Court judges often rotate, but the current judges responsible for hearing DUI cases in KCDC-Redmond consist of Judge Michelle Gehlsen, Judge Arthur Chapman, and Judge Kevin Peck. While various Deputy Prosecuting Attorneys are responsible for handling court calendars in KCDC-Redmond, a single supervising prosecutor from the King County Prosecutor’s Office is responsible for negotiating for all State DUI charges filed in King County District Courthouses.
- King County District Court, West Division: Most cases filed by the State in King County District Court-West (Seattle) Division stem from arrests made on I-5 and portions of SR-520 and I-90 conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) troopers or King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) deputies. The current judges hearing DUI cases in KCDC-Seattle are Judge Joseph Campagna and Judge Anne Harper.
- KCDC-RJC: Most cases filed by the State in King County District Court-MRJC Division stem from arrests made on highways located in the southern portion of King County conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) troopers or King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) deputies. The current judges in KCDC-MRJC Division consist of Judge Virginia Amato, Judge Mark Eide, and Judge Anne Harper.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
Don’t let the stress of an arrest or trial or the unfair nature of the criminal justice system get the better of you—get the legal help you are entitled to under the law. We will help you throughout the duration of your case by providing personalized representation tailored to your unique needs and the strong defense you need to have a fighting chance at getting your charges reduced or dropped. Reach out now to learn more during a free consultation.
Over 40 Years of Combined Experience
Your First Initial Consultation Is Free
Selected as a SuperLawyer in DUI Defense in each of the past 5 years
Dedicated to the Highest Level of Advocacy on Behalf of Their Clients
You Will Receive Transparent Communication
Successful Defense of Hundreds of DUI Cases